Looking after leather
Unlike most things, the natural leather appearance in a toffee product improves with age, however there are a couple of tips to ensure your toffee remains in brilliant condition.
- Avoid storing your toffee in plastic or other non-breathable covers, as this will cause the leather to become dry.
- Keep your toffee dry and protect it from direct sunlight, or very humid and dry environments.
- Keep your toffee away from abrasive surfaces. And avoid scratching the leather, as scratch marks don't go away.
- To clean your toffee, wipe it with a soft and dry cloth. Never use soap or solvent.
- Treatment with leather cleaners or polishers should be carried out sticking strictly to the instructions provided on the packaging. Never use large quantities - the less the better.
Looking after canvas (100% cotton)
To keep your toffee canvas product looking good is to properly maintain the fabric. This can be accomplished by simply brushing off dirt before it becomes embedded in the fabric and wiping up spills as soon as they occur or spot clean straight away. Allow any mud to dry. Then gently brush off with a soft, lint free, fabric pad. If required, sponge with cold water to remove stubborn marks. Allow fabric to air dry before packing away.